lunes, 28 de noviembre de 2011

Saturday November 26 – Paris Day 3/ Eiffel Tower


                Today was the bus tour and we covered a lot but many of the names of the places I do not remember because they were French. The end of the tour was at Notre Dame where most of us went inside, it was a very nice church and there was a big clear plastic box that you could write a peace message on a piece of paper and put it in the box, I wrote a message and when I put it in the box it landed face up so people could read it. I found it amazing that as I was taking a picture of the box a couple saw my note and read it, I think that is just a small sign from God that He exists because I did not fold my note and I was hoping it would land face up so others could read it and He made it happen.
                Lunch time was just around so a group of us searched for a place to eat crepes. Most of them got a lunch crepe but I got a chocolate, banana, and apple crepe. Afterwards some of them wanted to go to the catacombs, a place where they buried the dead during the plague I was told, but Kathryn, Trevor, Scott, and I wanted to see other things than to pay to see coffins and bones. Trevor and Scott are big fans of the movie Borne Identity and there is a scene with a bridge in Paris called Pont Nuef so we had to go find it and take pictures on it. We found it and did that, there were also girls pretending to be deaf and asking of money. They had a paper that said it was a foundation for the deaf and asked for information about you. We know that they were acting for a fact because Kathryn, being the nice person she is, started to fill out the information but a guy came up to her and told her no and as soon as that guy said that the girl cocked her head back, sighed and walked off because she knew she had been found out. Next we went to a bridge that Kathryn wanted to see named Pont de arts; it was really cool because it was a wooden floor pedestrian bridge that had a bunch of locks on it with names and dates of people that had been there. Our next objective was to get to the Eiffel Tower, on our way there we saw guys doing amazing tricks with Frisbees just for fun and people playing bicycle polo.
                When we arrived to the tower it was still very much light out and we got in line. We took the line for the stairs like my family and I had four years ago. When we got to the next two levels the sun was setting and it was very cold and slightly windy. We quickly got in line to get to the top because we knew it would take a while to get up there. The elevator up was as thrilling as I remembered it especially since I pressed myself against the door, Katheryn and Scott would not look down while we were going up. At the top it was even colder and very windy, we stayed out there as long as we could and walked around all the sides and when we tried to take pictures the clouds rolled in. We then decided it would be a good idea to look around on the top but inside where we were away from wind and cold. There were heaters next to the walls on the inside and we got as close to them as we could while we looked down. We stayed up there for a good 45 minutes and then decided we had spent enough time there. We warmed ourselves in the café on the second level for awhile and then went down to look for food; we spent about two and a half to three hours near the Eiffel Tower.
                For dinner we bought two baguettes, two packages of meat, a wheel of cheese and a chunk of brie cheese, chocolate, and a bottle of wine and went to the hotel to eat it since it was too cold outside. That was my favorite meal that we had in Paris.
                After we went to the red light district to see Moulin Rouge at night from the outside and Melissa and Rita joined us. Melissa thought it would be fun to go into some sex shops and it was interesting for sure. There were things that I did not need nor want to see and I do not know why people would want to own a store like that, it was really gross. One of them that we went into kicked us out because they thought Kathryn was under 18 years old.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario