jueves, 22 de diciembre de 2011

Wednesday December 21 – Leaving Granada and Spain


                A lot of API students took a 2:00 AM bus to Madrid Airport Terminal 4. It was a five and a half hour bus ride with one 25 minute stop where we could get something to drink for free. I had fallen asleep with my head all the way back so my neck was really stiff. Once we arrived we had to say goodbye to some of our friends because they were not in the same terminal as us. From there it was about a 20 minute shuttle ride to our terminal. We went to our respective check-in lines and said we would meet after security. Kevin and I were about 20th in our line and it took about an hour and a half to two hours to get through and our friends flights were supposed to leave soon so we did not know if we would get to say goodbye to them. After security we hustled to their gate and luckily there flight was delayed 30 minutes so we got to talk and say goodbye to them. Then we went to another group’s gate and waited with them until they left and then said goodbye. Our flight was delayed by two and a half hours so Kevin and I just waited. The eight hour and 15 minute flight was actually a pretty good flight; I slept a bunch and talked to a guy that had been studying in Spain too from Iowa. When we arrived Kevin only had an hour to get through customs, re-check his bags and get to his flight. I do not know if he made it because I was not able to check with him.
                My flight from Newark Airport to Omaha was supposed to leave at 9:00 but it kept on getting pushed back and I did not leave until 1:30 in the morning. Luckily I saw a girl that I knew from Granada, Kimberly, who was waiting to fly to Hartford and her flight was supposed to be at 9:00 but hers was pushed all the way back to 12:30. We talked and then I fell asleep on the floor. I was so angry and tired and felt extremely sick because I was so stressed that I had not left yet.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario