jueves, 15 de diciembre de 2011

Wednesday November 14 – One Week Left in Spain/ Last Day of Class/ Flight Time Change


                Today is the one week marker for time left in Spain. This is the most bittersweet thing that has ever happened to me because I love Spain and do not want to leave but I miss my family and want to be in America for Christmas. Today was also my last day of classes and now I just have to complete five finals; two on Thursday, one on Friday, one on Monday, and one on Tuesday. I received an email from my company that I booked my flight with and they said that the flight from Newark to Omaha that would get me there at 9:00 PM on December 21st has been cancelled and that I will now be getting to Omaha around 11:30 PM. I emailed them to see if they had any sooner times because I did not want to get home that late or be in the Newark Airport for seven plus hours, but there were no other flights that would get me to Omaha faster.
On my way to the CLM to do some studying for my Spanish Civilization and Culture final tomorrow, a Spaniard caught my attention and asked something that I could not understand because I had headphones in and listening to music. So I asked him to repeat it and he could tell that I was not a born Spanish speaker but he tried again anyway and asked where the cathedral was, and I was able to tell him because I knew where it was. I was so excited that I helped a Spanish speaker find a destination in Spanish. That was the highlight of my day.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario